Venue name: Main State Railway Station [now Masarykovo nádraží]
Venue rooms (type):Prague Main State Station of the Vienna-Dresden Railway. The first main railway station in Prague, in 1850 termed the Státní nádraží or Bahnhoff der k.k. Wiener- und Dresdner-Staats-Eisenbahn. Subsequently named Praha-Střed [Prague-Central], and now Masarykovo nádraží [Masaryk Station]. Located in the street formerly Ledecká, now Havlíčkova. The success and importance of the railways to Prague from the middle of the nineteenth century cannot be overstressed. Mercy’s Anzeiger 2/9/1854 reported that in August 1854 to and from the north Railway Station (Der Nördlichen Staatsbahn) there travelled 60414 people, 15806 of these to Vienna, 15552 to Dresden. 14058 travelled from Vienna to Prague and 14898 from Dresden to Prague.