Venue name: Konvikt
Venue rooms (type): Dance salon (Public Halls)Konvikt [lit. Seminary]. Buildings on the street Konviktská (the street now linking Divadelní with Betlémské náměstí) in the Old Town Quarter that previously belonged to the Jesuit order’s seminary located there until the order was disbanded in 1773. These buildings, which connected with the Prague Organ School, subsequently underwent various alterations and changes of use. The largest of them became established in the nineteenth century as a venue for musical entertainments, functioning for many years as one of the city’s most important localities for public concerts. It was also utilized as a location for dance entertainments. During the middle of the century it was rearranged and redecorated a number of times, including the installation of gas lighting. Although the size of the hall was not large, restricting audience attendances for large-scale events, it seemed to have possessed a satisfactory acoustic.